Why Pothos Plant Leaves Turn Yellow!

Hello, I have had my Pothos for over a year, and just recently it’s leaves have begun to turn yellow after I water it. I’ve been watering the same amount that i’ve always done, and nothing has changed in its environment, so i’m not sure what’s up. It seems the leaves are falling off of the same stems, leaving the stems almost bare.

Hi,

Pothos plant leaves turn yellow when you allow the plant to get a little too dry before you water. Although you may be watering the same as you did before, the plant has more leaves now and needs a bit more water. The roots of one stem may have totally dried out and the stem should be cut off. Also, pothos plants MUST have a haircut frequently to keep the plant full and bushy, otherwise they become thin and leggy. Cut off about 4″ from the bottom of each stem. You can use these cuttings to start new plants. Your original plant will grow much better after the pruning.

You can read all my care tips for a pothos plant in the Popular Houseplant section the website.

https://www.houseplant411.com/houseplant/pothos-plant-how-to-grow-care-epipremnum-aureum

These plants are considered poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 The Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [Paperback]is an excellent reference to keep around if you have young children and pets. and should be kept away from pets and children. Read more about common houseplants that are poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 The Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [Paperback]is an excellent reference to keep around if you have young children and pets. in Don’t Feed Me To Your Cat! A Guide to Poisonous Houseplants