Need to Identify This plant

Hello Judy first I thank you for telling me what my other plant was. Now I have another that I am hoping you can identify for me. Also, I want to know why its leaves keep looking like they are burnt? Am I giving it too much light?

Hi,

Your plant is an Angel Wing Begonia. I can’t see any burn marks in this picture. Please email me a picture of a leaf with a close up of the burn marks and I’ll try to figure out what is causing the problem.  Angel Wing begonias have large, “angel wing” shaped, dark green leaves, often with metallic silver specks. The underside of the plant leaf is usually a deep red. Angel Wing begonias produce hanging clusters of delicate flowers in red, white, orange, or pink. The intensity of the color of the flowers and leaves depends upon how much light the plant gets. Here’s a picture of an Angel Wing Begonia in bloom.

 

Large angel wing shaped leaves with silver markings and dark red undersides
Angel Wing Begonia

Your can read all my care tips for an Angel Wing Begonia in the Popular Houseplant section of the website.

https://www.houseplant411.com/houseplant/angel-wing-begonia-how-to-grow-care-guide

These plants are considered poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched, immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222.  More poisonous houseplant information and pictures of common plants that are dangerous to children and pets can be found in my book Don’t Feed Me to Your Cat: A Guide to Poisonous Houseplants and should be kept away from pets and children. Read more about common houseplants that are poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched, immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222.  More poisonous houseplant information and pictures of common plants that are dangerous to children and pets can be found in my book Don’t Feed Me to Your Cat: A Guide to Poisonous Houseplants in my book Don’t Feed Me To Your Cat! A Guide to poisonous houseplantsIn her new book, Don’t Feed Me to Your Cat!, plant care professional Judy Feldstein shares information about twenty-five common houseplants, each with various levels of toxicity, and the possible consequences if your pet or child snacks on them..