Identify My mom’s Get Well Houseplant

I bought my Mom a get well Houseplant, but it did not come with name or care instructions. Please help. Thanks

Hi Jeff,

Large, green scalloped Philodendron Selloum
Philodendron Selloum

You bought your Mom a houseplant called a Philodendron Selloum. This is an easy care plant that grows well in medium light and like its soil to dry out a little before you water. This is a poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched, immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222.  More poisonous houseplant information and pictures of common plants that are dangerous to children and pets can be found in my book Don’t Feed Me to Your Cat: A Guide to Poisonous Houseplants houseplant so please keep it away from small children and pets. You can read more about a Philodendron Selloum and how to care for it in the Popular Houseplant section of the website.

https://www.houseplant411.com/houseplant/philodendron-selloum-plant-care-advice