Heartleaf Philodendron Turning Yellow
As you can tell this plant looks rough. It is easily rooted, I have 4 of them because I rooted them. One of them has half of the plant leaves yellowing since I brought it inside for the winter. Please identify for me, please.
Your plant is a Heartleaf Philodendron, a very poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched, immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222. More poisonous houseplant information and pictures of common plants that are dangerous to children and pets can be found in my book Don’t Feed Me to Your Cat: A Guide to Poisonous Houseplants houseplant, so please keep it away from pets and small children. The leaves on your Heartleaf Philodendron are turning yellow because the plant is being over watered. Now that you have brought your plants indoors for the winter, they won’t require the same amount of water they required when they were outside. Check your plant frequently until you can determine how long it takes for the top 50% of the soil to dry out. When that occurs it is time to water again. You can read more about Heartleaf Philodendron houseplants in the Popular Houseplant section of the website.