I recently purchased this plant and don’t know what kind it is. Also I repotted it last week and have not watered it since then and now the leaves are turning brown. Could it be from not watering it enough?
Your plant looks like a type of Chinese Evergreen Plant. The yellow leaves are usually from letting the plant get very dry. Water it well until the water comes out the bottom drip holes in the pot. There are complete care instructions for a Chinese Evergreen Plant in the Popular HousePlant Section of the website. A Chinese Evergreen Plant is a poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 The Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [Paperback]is an excellent reference to keep around if you have young children and pets. houseplant so please keep it away from pets and small children.