Which type of plant, and how to care for it?

Hello,
Can you tell me which type of house plant this is and what the best methods of care are?

Many thanks.

Hi Rory,

Green and cream colored variegated Rubber tree Plant

Variegated Rubber Tree Plant

Your plant is a variegated Rubber Tree plant. Here are some care tips to help you care for it:

Rubber Tree houseplants do best in medium to bright indirect light. The solid green and dark burgundy varieties of the Rubber Tree Plant can adapt to less light, but the stems may be weak and the leaves small. The variegated varieties need bright light to keep their creamy colors.

Rubber Tree houseplants are a little difficult to water. Always allow the top 25-30% of the soil  to dry out before watering. Keep the soil even drier when your plant is in lower light or the room temperature is cooler. The leaves of Rubber Trees turn yellow from under-water and over-water. Perfectly fine green, burgundy, or variegated leaves may fall off from over- water.

Rubber Tree houseplants do not need much fertilizer. Feed a Rubber tree plant every other month when it is actively growing.

Rubber Tree houseplants do well in warm temperatures between 70-80 degrees with a night time temperature around 65 degrees. Keep a Rubber Tree Plant away from cold drafts, air conditioners, heaters, and fireplaces.

You can read all of my care tips for a Rubber Tree in the Popular Houseplant section of the website.

https://www.houseplant411.com/houseplant/rubber-tree-how-to-grow-care

These plants are considered poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 The Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [Paperback]is an excellent reference to keep around if you have young children and pets. and should be kept away from pets and children. Read more about common houseplants that are poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 The Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [Paperback]is an excellent reference to keep around if you have young children and pets. in Don’t Feed Me To Your Cat! A Guide to Poisonous Houseplants