Hi Judy, I had a nice plant given to me a couple years ago, I bring it inside
For the winter cause it freezes here and it totally dies on me and then shoots up
Long ugly shoots, it gets pretty ugly by spring but I put it out for summer and
It grows awesome! I don’t think it is mites cause I don’t see any nor any webs
Please help me identify my favorite plant
I’ve answered you on FaceBook but here it is again. I put the picture of your plant on my FaceBook page and some of our plant loving friends from around the world think your plant is a Cissus or grape ivy. Sometimes when you bring a grape ivy indoors the dry air and different lighting conditions causes it to go into shock and even develop spider mitesSpider Mites, members of the Acari family, are small insects about 1mm in size. The most common indoor plant mite is the red spider mite (also called the two-spotted spider mite.). These pests lay their eggs on the under surface of leaves and produce fine webbing especially where the leaves are attached to the stem. Spider mites are hard to see with the naked eye, and may appear only as small red dots. They are more often recognized by the gritty feel of the leaf when you run your finger down it’s length, or by the appearance of discolored leaves due to the sucking action of the mites. The best way to prevent spider mites is to keep your plants clean and dust free. Treat spider mites by spraying every ten days for a month with a product such as Safer Insecticidal Soap.. Here is a picture of a Grape Ivy, let me know what you think.