How to Keep Cats Off Areca Palm HousePlants
I have an Areca Palm. How can I keep my cats from chewing on the leaves? I have used pepper,spraying them with a water bottle. Nothing seems to help.
Here are a few suggestions on how to keep Cats off your Areca Palm and other houseplants.
- Scatter moth balls on top of the soil
- Cats do not like citrus fruit. Place lemon peels or orange peels on top of the soil. Place a piece of yellow sticky insect card next to the fruit to catch any plant pests the citrus might attract.
- Spray the leaves with diluted Sriracha hot sauce.
- Place tin foil over the dirt, cats hate walking on tin foil.
- Buy a catnip plant which the cat will love and then hopefully ignore your Areca Palm.