Please name and tell me how to care for this plant my sister that just past away and I took over it. Her name was also Judy so I know she brought me to this page.thank you
I am so sorry for your loss and will try to help you care for your sister’s plant.
Your plant is a type of Chinese Evergreen plant. The particular variety is either a Miss Thailand or Crete. This is a poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 The Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [Paperback]is an excellent reference to keep around if you have young children and pets. houseplant so please keep it away from small children and pets. There are complete care instructions for a Chinese Evergreen Plant in the Popular HousePlant section of the website. The pictures are of different varieties but the care instructions are the same.