Help Identify my HousePlant

Hi Judy,
Got this houseplant from Home Depot, but the tag is mislabeled.
All Internet searches turn up empty.
Spade shaped leaves with wiry stems and tiny fur/hairs.



Your plant is called a Philodendron Hastatum. It’s a great plant; but, like all Philodendrons, it is poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 The Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [Paperback]is an excellent reference to keep around if you have young children and pets.. There are complete care instructions for Philodendrons, including light, propagationLearn how to propagate plants by plant division at, pests, and diseases in the Popular HousePlant section of the website.