Would you be able to tell me what this plant is? Also, as you can see some of the leaves are turning brown. What should I do to make this plant healthy again?
Your plant is a type of Dieffenbachia which is an extremely poisonousPlants are a great addition to homes and offices, but it’s important to know whether your plants are dangerous to children, pets, or even adults. Some plants contain chemicals such as oxalates, solanine, glycosides, or alkaloid lycorine that may cause vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, swelling and redness of the mouth, throat, and lips, and trouble breathing. Touching parts of certain plants, especially the sap, may cause various skin irritations. The weight and age of the human or pet involved, and the part and amount of plant eaten determine how severe the reaction to the toxins will be. Although plants may be listed as non-toxic, they can still cause individual allergic reactions. If there is any question after a houseplant has been ingested or touched immediately call the Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 The Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants [Paperback]is an excellent reference to keep around if you have young children and pets. houseplant. I think your problem is being caused by too much plant food (never fertilize a Dieffenbachia houseplant in the winter) or using water that has too much fluoride or chlorine in it. Also, never use water that has passed through a water softener. It contains too much salt. All of these thing result in brown edges on a Dieffenbachia Plant. Here are some tips on how to care for your Dieffenbachia.